In the event of a head injury with any signs/symptoms of a concussion, the following guidelines will be followed:
At the time of the injury:
● Removal from the game—he/she may not return to play.
● A medical evaluation to check for the possibility of more serious intracranial pathology
● (Neuropsychological testing is considered the proper post-injury assessment).
● No activity--rest until asymptomatic
● A post-concussion ImPACT test
If an athlete passes the ImPACT test, they must submit to the following order of participation before returning to play:
● Light aerobic exercise
● Sport-specific training
● Non-contact drills
● Full-contact drills
● Game play
These guidelines have been established to help reduce the risk of Second Impact Syndrome.