We offer the following guidelines to assist you in the financial aid application process.
For returning families:
We will include financial aid awards on the re-enrollment contract, provided you have submitted your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) to the School and Students Service for Financial Aid by January 15, 2021. If you are not currently receiving aid but are a returning family, you will also need to submit your 2018 and 2019 tax forms by January 15, 2021, for consideration of aid.
For new families:
Please submit your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid by January 29, 2021. You will also need to submit copies of your 2018 and 2019 IRS 1040 tax forms by January 29th in order to have your file reviewed in the first round for financial aid consideration. The Financial Aid Committee will meet to determine if aid is awarded after a child is accepted for admission to the Academy but before the enrollment contract is issued.
Please follow the guidelines below being mindful of the dates listed:
1. Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) as soon as possible, but no later than by January 15, 2021 for current families and January 29, 2021, for new families. You need to complete only one PFS even if you have several children attending the school.
3. Be sure to include the school code number on the form as requested.
- Moravian Academy Downtown and Merle-Smith: 5188
- Moravian Academy Swain Campus: 7582
4. Please note: non-custodial parents are also expected to complete a copy of the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and submit it to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) by January 15, 2021 for current families and January 29, 2021 for new families.
5. Although SSS by NAIS provides instructions on how to upload tax forms to their site, please do not submit your tax forms to SSS by NAIS. Instead, families applying for aid for the first time need to mail a copy of your 2018 & 2019 Individual Income Tax Return to the address below by January 29, 2021. Both new and returning families also need to mail in their 2020 Individual Income Tax Return (Federal Form 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ with all pages and schedules) by March 12, 2021 to:
Director of Enrollment Management
11 West Market Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
The income for 2020 that you report on the PFS will most likely need to be an estimate of what you will be reporting on your 2020 IRS 1040 form. You also need to project what you think your income will be for 2021 on the PFS form.
Files are reviewed on an individual basis. The Financial Aid Committee cannot begin to review an individual file until we receive the assessment by NAIS. Please note that no awards are final until we receive a signed copy of your 2020 IRS 1040 form and review the information.
Moravian Academy is committed to providing need-based aid to as many students as possible who qualify. However, because grants are awarded beginning in January and we adhere to the budget that has been allocated for financial aid, you need to be prompt in submitting your Parents’ Financial Statement and Tax forms. Tax forms should be received by March 12, 2021. Financial aid funds are dispensed on a first come, first served basis based on successful completion of the financial aid process and your immediate attention is recommended.
Please note: Funds will not be reserved for late submissions. If your information is not received by the deadlines indicated, your financial aid award may be forfeited and a revised contract without an award will be issued.