Moravian Academy Lower School offers an enriched and nurturing environment where children develop academically, socially, and spiritually. The curriculum is built to inspire curiosity, critical thinking, creativity, and reasoning through cooperative learning, small-group instruction, and discussion. Class projects, presentations, and performances allow children to share their learning with others both in person and in digital form. Intellectual risk-taking in all subject areas develops competence and confidence to become life-long learners.
Unique to the Lehigh Valley, our Lower School is proud of the following programs:
- Spanish immersion starting in kindergarten and extending through fourth grade
- Spanish instruction for Primer (ages three) through fifth grade
- Suzuki method violin and cello instruction starting in kindergarten
- Science lab experiences for all students highlighting STEAM initiatives
- Frequent field trips at every grade level including overnight trips in third, fourth, and fifth grade
- Specials including coding, Spanish, physical education, art, music, and library