The Lower School offers an enriched and nurturing environment where children develop academically, socially, and emotionally. The curriculum is built to inspire curiosity, critical thinking, creativity, and perseverance through project-based learning.
Signature programs in the Lower School include:
- Spanish Immersion in kindergarten through fourth grade
- Spanish instruction for primer (age 3) through fifth grade
- Suzuki method violin and cello instruction beginning in kindergarten
- Science lab experiences for all students highlighting STEAM initiatives
- Moravian Academy Broadcasting Company (MABC)
- Field trips at every grade level including overnight trips in third, fourth, and fifth grade
- Specials including coding, art, music, library, and physical education
Elementary children learn best when they are in an environment in which they can explore, discover, and make connections in their world. At Moravian, we create a just and equitable place for children to engage in learning—a place that creates strength from the diversity in the classroom and community and regards each child as an individual, able learner. Through our responsive teaching, we are able to present a personalized learning approach that addresses each child’s specific strengths and needs and helps them develop essential cognitive and social-emotional skills.